PANCHKARMA TREATMENT– AN ART OF PURIFICATION – THE SCIENCE OF LIFE
Ayurveda or the Science of Life is a holistic approach to healthcare that helps people to lead a healthy and balanced life. Panchkarma is essentially applicable in a wide range of preventive, curative and promotive conditions. These therapies are advocated even in a healthy person to combat seasonal imbalance of dosha. Ayurveda quotes that the disorders treated with this mode of therapy do not recur while those treated with palliative methods do have ample chances of recurrence.
Panchkarma is made of 2 essential words of life i.e. Panch (which means five) & Karma (which means action or procedure). It is basically a combination of five cleansing procedures which removes accumulated waste materials from the body. It meant for both healthy and sick. There are 5 different types of procedures involved in the process to clean/detoxify the body or balancing the 5 elements: Akash, Vayu, Agni, Jala & Prithvi.
Panchkarma Treatment Benefits:
• Detoxification and Rejuvenation
• Remove impurities through authentic Panchkarma
• Relieves body from Stress and Toxins
• Cleanses body filled with harmful Chemicals and residues
Impurities are mainly deposited at weak points in the body on a regular basis due to seasonal changes, air pollution, water pollution, sound pollution, Light pollution.
Panchkarma treatment is a primary healing modality within the ancient Ayurveda sciences. We call this “Wellness” which is achieved through a series of unique, natural, holistic, healthy giving, deep cleansing, therapeutic treatments.
Panchkarma Therapy involves 5 Steps that call for Expertise and Experience:
• Vamana (Vomiting): Vomiting is induced by giving oral dugs with a large quantity of liquids. It cleanses toxins collected in the body and clears the respiratory system. It is very beneficial for asthma, cough, chronic indigestion, hyper acidity, allergies and water retention.
• Virechan (Purgation): This is bowel-cleaning by giving a laxative mixed in milk or warm water. It removes toxins accumulated in the liver/gallbladder and completely cleans the gastro-intestinal path. It is very beneficial for skin diseases, urinary disorder, anaemia, chronic fever, diabetes, headache, jaundice and heartburn.
• Vasti (Enema): Considered as the mother of all treatments, this enema with medicinal oils cleanses accumulated toxins through the large intestine. Vasti works well because of the good absorbing capacity of the rectal area. It is very beneficial for obstruction of urine/semen/menstrual flow, loss of strength, nervous disorders, lower backache, kidney stones, piles, abnormal enlargement of the liver/spleen and obesity.
• Nasyam (Nasal Cleaning): Nose is an easy entrance to the head. Medicine is poured into the nostrils for inhalation. These cleanses accumulated toxins in the head and neck region. Highly effective for asthma, Sinusitis, migraine and loss of smell/taste.
• Raktamokshan (Removal of impure blood): It removes the impure blood from the body and the efficacy of the Rakta mokshan is in detoxification of Blood. It can be done in various ways depending upon the vitiation of Rakta by different reasons. It can be done on specific area for local pathologist like Inflammation, Abscesses and Pigmentation.
Read more about: Hatha Yoga TTC Program | 200 Hours Yoga Teacher Training Program | Yoga Retreat in India